|Food Center Biryani|
MKR Special Biryani recipe:
Burns Road is famous for its food not only in Karachi but all over the country. Chicken/Beef biryani from Food Center is the highlight of the food served in Burns Road. Today, I am posting the recipe of Food Center Biryani which we all love. I hope you will enjoy this one!
- Chicken/Mutton/Beef 1 kg, washed and cleaned, cut into pieces
- Basmati rice 1 kg, soaked for 15 – 20 minutes
- Potatoes (medium sized) 4, steam lightly, peel and cut into large pieces
- Tomatoes (medium sized) 6, cut into 4 pieces each
- Onions 4 medium, finely sliced
- Mint (podina) 1 bunch, finely chopped
- Green chilies 6 whole
- Ginger garlic paste 1, 1/2 tbsp
- Dried plums (sookha alu bukhara) 15 – 20 soaked in warm water.
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 2 tbsp
- Black pepper (whole) 1 tsp
- Cloves 4 – 6
- Cardamoms 6
- Black cumin seeds (zeera) 1 tsp
- Yellow food color 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt (beaten) 1 cup
- Warm milk 1/4 cup (add the food color in warm milk)
- Ghee/oil 1 cup
- Lemon juice of 2 lemons
- Combine mutton or chicken with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, green chilies, coriander powder, chopped mint, lemon juice, dried plums and salt.
- Mix well and set aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry sliced onions till golden brown.
- Move half of the fried onions to an absorbent paper.
- Add the marinated meat to the remaining half onions in the pan .
- Cook on low heat without adding water, when the liquid dries fry a little and remove from heat.
- Fry the potatoes and tomatoes separately and add both to the prepared curry.
- Boil the rice with green cardamoms, black pepper, cloves and salt.
- When the rice is half done drain in a strainer.
- Put a little oil in the base of a pan and make a layer of half rice. Then put a layer of the prepared curry and cover with a layer of rice, pour the mixture of warm milk and food color on top of it.
- Cover tightly and steam on very low heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with raita (yogurt sauce).