Gulab Jamun is a solid milk based dessert, very popular in south Asian countries. I really love it and often make it at home. Here is how you can also make Gulab Jamun at home:
- Egg ½
- Khoya 250 – 300 grams
- Sugar 2 cups
- Milk powder 1/2 cup
- Green cardamoms 8
- Water as required to make sugar syrup
- Kewra essence three, four drops
- Clarified (unsalted) butter as required
- Plain flour (maida) 1 tbsp
- Semolina (suji) 1 tbsp
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Oil for frying (you can use pure ghee as well)
- Add sugar in a pan with enough water and heat it to form the syrup.
- When it starts to thicken add green cardamoms and remove from heat after five minutes.
- Beat the egg and add khoya, semolina, plain flour and milk powder into it.
- Mix together using your hands.
- Add baking powder and clarified butter and knead the mixture, keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Make small balls from that mixture (depend on what size you want for your Gulab Jamans)
- Add oil in a pan for deep frying and keep it on medium flame
- Add the balls in the pan and fry till golden color.
- Now dip the balls in the sugar syrup, you can garnish it with blanched pistachios and serve hot.