Murgh chanay is a very famous Lahori dish, you can try it using the below recipe:
- Chicken pieces 12 (medium pieces of one chicken)
- Chickpeas 1 cup (soaked over night in water)
- Oil 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions 2 (medium)
- Chopped tomatoes 3 (medium sized)
- Ground white cumin 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
- All spice powder (garam masala) 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped ginger 1 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Soda bi carbonate 1/4 tsp
- Chopped fresh coriander for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Now add chicken and cook till it dries.
- Add salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, all spice powder and stir
- Keep it on a low flame.
- Now drain the water from the soaked chickpeas.
- Add around three glasses of water and boil chickpeas in a saucepan.
- Add bicarbonate soda and cook until the chickpeas are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and chopped tomatoes to the pan where chicken is cooking.
- Add around two cups of water and keep cooking until the mixture begins to boil.
- Lastly add chopped ginger, fresh coriander and white cumin to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for five to seven minutes or until the oil separates and come on top.
- Serve with hot naans or bread.