Hummus is a very famous and common starter dish made mainly with chickpeas, good thing about it is that it is very easy to prepare.
- 1/2 kg chickpeas
- 4 tsp. tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. crushed sea salt
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3½ tbsp. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Coriander or parsley leaves (optional)
- Wash and rinse the chickpeas in cold water for couple of hours
- Boil the soaked chickpeas until they are tender.
- Allow them to cool down.
- Now tip them into the food processor.
- Add tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and seven tablespoons of liquid from the boiled chickpeas.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the olive oil while it runs.
- When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish.
- Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil on top and decorate with a few whole chickpeas.
- Sprinkle little paprika powder and finely chopped coriander or parsley leaves.
- Enjoy it with Arabic bread (Khubuz).