Mash Lentils dumplings in Yogurt is very delicious and specially divine dish during the summers.
|Mamnoon Hussain Dahi Bhalla|
You can prepare Dahi Bhalla for a dinner party as a complimentary side dish. In recipe used mash lentils but can also be added moong lentils because it says that addition of mung dal reduces the absorption of oil.
White lentils ( Daal Maash) 200gm
Crushed red pepper 1 tsp
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Salt 1 tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
White cumin 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Yogurt 1 kg
Caster sugar 5 tbsp
Water 1/4 cup
Salt 1 tsp
Chili powder 1 tsp
Cumin whole 1 tsp
Chat Masala 1 tsp
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Green chutney as required
Sweet chutney as required
1. Soak Daal in water for 5-6 hours..
2. Blend daal, crushed red pepper, ginger, salt, baking powder and white cumin in the blender..
3. Add water as required for blending..
4. Drop this mixture in preheated oil with spoon..
5. Fry for 8-10 minutes..
6. Put salt, red chili powder and cumin whole in a luke warm water..
7. Place fried Baray in the water after 2 minutes of frying for 4-5 minutes..
8. Add caster sugar and pinch of salt in the yogurt and mix well..
9. Pour this yogurt in the serving bowl..
10. Squeeze out water from the Baray by pressing them between hands..
11. Place these baray on the yogurt..
12. Again pour some yogurt over baray..
13. Sprinkle chat Masala, pinch of red chili powder, green chilies, coriander and meethi chutney over yogurt and serve.
Please do try this special recipe by Mamnoon Hussain a.k.a Dahi Bhalla king.