Below is a delicious recipe of lamb trotters (bakre ke paye) which I am cooking since many years at my home and at friend/relatives’ places (on demand) as well. This dish is one of Eid al adha’s special dish. Before trying this recipe please note that, this is not recommended for any one with high cholesterol (once in a while you may have them 😉 ). Any way, enjoy!
- Mutton paye/pai (trotters) 6
- Garlic 1 bunch
- Salt 1 tsp. (or to taste)
- Turmeric 1 tsp.
- Black pepper 1 tsp.
- Black cardamom 4
- Cloves 5
- Cinnamon 1 small stick
- Cumin 2 tsp.
- Onion two medium
- Water five – six glasses
- For Masala:
- Onion 1 big or 2 small (sliced)
- Whole Coriander seeds (grounded) 2 tsp.
- All spices (garam masala) (whole) 2 tbsp.
- All spice powder 1 tsp.
- Ginger, garlic paste 2 tsp.
- Oil 1/4 cup
- First add water and boil all the ingredients that are mentioned above for boiling.
- Boil for at least 3, 4 hours on low flame.
- Take 1/4 cup oil in a pan and fry onion and all mentioned spices for masala (except all spice powder).
- Add boiled payas from the stock and keep frying for five – ten minutes.
- Add three, four cups of water and the stock (which was made after boiling payas).
- Keep cooking for three, four hours on low flame
- At the end sprinkle all spice powder and serve with lemon and naans.